London will be hosting a fascinating food and floral festival on 13 July to pay tribute to the heritage of Covent Garden at Martin’s Courtyard.
On that Saturday between 12 noon and 5pm six international restaurants will be serving unique, exclusively created dishes and drinks with a floral theme, al fresco, in the courtyard.
As a shopping and dining destination, St Martin’s Courtyard is fabulous and is in the heart of Covent Garden.
• Restaurant Jamie’s Italian will spit roast a whole lamb al fresco, accompanied by floral breads, rose jelly, and floral cocktails.
• At Suda Thai you will be served ‘Chor-muang’. This steamed Thai dumplings handcrafted into a flower shape can be had from Bangkok style street food in the courtyard. So better do not miss out the ‘Butterfly Kiss’ cocktails garnished with a viola and Thai art of fruit carving.
• Cantina Laredo, the modern Mexican in Covent Garden, will come blooming the fiesta to the St Martin’s Courtyard Food and Flowers Festival. Take time to visit Cantina Laredo’s pop-up bar to enjoy limited edition Ambar Casa Hibiscus Margaritas.
This amazing treat to your taste buds is a home-made syrup infused with tropical hibiscus flower, boutique Casa in fresh lime.
Free samples of Cantina Laredo’s signature dishes can be enjoyed there including versions like Top Shelf Guacamole prepared on the spot.
• Italian Enoteca Dalla Terra will vow the scene with a competition to taste three wines based on the smell of their floral overtones.
For offbeat stuff you can try out
• Melvita’s Bee Products that include honeys, royal jelly and pollen.
• Visit Dishoom’s Bombay bar in the courtyard for a rose and cardamom lassi and Bombay Pimm’s rose syrup.
During the festival, the courtyard will be dressed up with a fabulous floral installation and The Covent Garden Academy of Flowers will create a spectacular banquet table made entirely of flowers.
This unique floral food festival draws thousands of visitors who combine a London site with the floral festival as a week-end leisure trip. To see the beauty of London’s nightlife and a couple of nights stay there are very good options available. Among the visitors there used to be a good number of students. They can get suitable rent Apartments in London. You can always try out and enjoy the Floral festival lavishly.